Friday, March 25, 2011

Things That Make Me Happy # 11

Strolling around the Internet one day, I came across a blog post entitled "100 Things That Make Me Happy".  What a great idea, I thought as I scanned the list, so Fridays are now dedicated to things that make me happy!

Things That Make Me Happy!
# 11 Patience Rewarded


I love Laurel's babbling.  She talks regularly and I pretend to understand exactly what she is saying -- she tells the best stories!  For quite some time now she has been saying "dada" which, of course, thrills Dada. The boys find it humerous that she will sometimes call other people or things "dada".  It was the same with the boys -- lots of "dadas" before there was any sign of a "mama" -- and I have learned to be patient in that regard (other areas not so much).  I read somewhere that a "d" sound is easier to make than an "m" and I comfort myself with this obviously well documented, age-old fact.

Yesterday, I could have sworn that I heard Laurel say "mama", but when I looked around for a witness to confirm this great milestone, there was none to be found. Not only that, but when prompted to repeat the word that every mother waits for, she would stick her thumb in her mouth and look at me like I had asked her to do something ridiculous. So I began to have doubts and went back to waiting patiently.

But today, there is no doubt about it! My little girl said "mama" over and over again -- the repetition might have had something to do with all the praise and cheering that followed each utterance. I haven't decided whether or not she actually associates the word with me, but in my own little world she knows exactly what she is saying and what it means.

Happy Friday from one happy Mama!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...