Saturday, January 11, 2014

The Knitters

Now that Christmas is over and the wood stove is up and running, I need a legitimate reason to sit close by the fire all day. So, I got out my knitting and started working on slippers for all the little feet in my house ... that's a pretty good reason, I'd say.

The other day Owen came to me and asked if he could knit something.  
What would you like to knit?  I asked.
After some thinking, he answered:  A bracelet.
So here he is working away on his bracelet ...  a little bit each day with the hopes of it one day matching the picture he has in his mind.



Then Laurel came to me and said that she would like to knit something too.
Would you like me to teach you to finger knit?  I asked (thinking that finger knitting would be easier for her)
No, I want to use knittles!  she insistently replied.  (Is it wrong that I didn't correct her?  I didn't think so.)
So she went to the drawer and chose some "knittles" and yarn.  As I was trying to figure out how I was going to teach a 3 year old to knit, she sat herself down on the floor and started to wind her chosen yarn around the needles.  After a few minutes of this, she looked at her work and proudly proclaimed:  "I am the best knitter EVER!"  
I guess that she didn't need my help after all.



As for me, I am still working away.  I have finished one pair of slippers, but unfortunately they don't fit any of the feet in my house (sigh!).  Oh well, on to the next pair ... maybe I should ask Laurel for help!

2 comments:

  1. You haven't posted in a couple years, the suspense is killing me, but I'm going to stop checking here everyday if you don't post soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The work on Owen's bracelet is still on going as is Laurel's project ... I'll be sure to let you know when the projects are completed! And I continue to knit slippers that are too small, although growing feet might have something to do with that.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...