Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Sickness

Not a lot gets done when sickness invades your home -- nothing except napping, coughing and nose blowing.  But with all that sitting around trying to get better, it's kind of nice to have some quiet time to read a book and finish a project.


Snuggling by the fire with a little girl (who recently visited the local radio station which explains the sticker) is one of the best things about feeling under the weather.


Not sure where I first heard about this book: Simplicity Parenting: Using the Extraordinary Power of Less to Raise Calmer, Happier, and More Secure Kids, but I am LOVING it (hope I won't have to wait until the next time I get sick to finish it).  Written by a Waldorf trained teacher, it provides arguments and practical suggestions for simplifying your environment, and creating rhythms and routines in your day.  This really ties in great with my goals for the year.

The Rhythm of Family: Discovering a Sense of Wonder through the Seasons is another book that I have been enjoying and working my way through.  Near the beginning of the book is a knitting project perfect for my beginner knitting skills -- a winter cowl.  It knit up pretty quick (and turned out pretty well, if I do say so myself) and Isaac is happy to be the owner of a new cowl.  Now all we need some winter weather to wear it in!


Today, there is nobody lying on the couch -- a sure sign that people are feeling better.  A break is nice (even if it is forced), but it's nice to get back to normal too.

Hoping that you and your families are all well -- or at least curled up in front of a warm fire with a cute kid, a good book and some yarn!

1 comment:

  1. I'm enjoying a re-visit to your blog. I've been a bit preoccupied with a baby 'boy' on the way & etc etc etc I'll share with you later. But I love this read & the picture of Laurel. Looking forward to hearing more about this trip to K-Rock!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...