Friday, January 21, 2011

Things That Make Me Happy #3

Strolling around the Internet one day, I came across a blog post entitled "100 Things That Make Me Happy".  What a great idea, I thought as I scanned the list, so Fridays are now dedicated  to things that make me happy!

Things That Make Me Happy!
#3  8pm

Sorry, no picture today -- it's hard to get a picture of time.  My favourite time of day is about 8pm.  By this time, Owen is tucked in bed, Isaac and Aidan are reading quietly in their beds and Laurel and I are spending the last few minutes of her day together.  She is snuggling and nursing happily while I take a few minutes to pick up a book that is not about dinosaurs, trucks or fairy tale creatures -- something that I never get to do during the day.  Don't get me wrong, I enjoy these books too, but it's nice to read about other subjects.  At the moment I am reading Buddhism for MothersI don't think that I will be converting to Buddhism anytime soon, but am finding the concepts very interesting and and am always hopefully that I'll be able to recall the peaceful ideas during the next days challenges.  There is a long list of books that I would like to read and the list never seems to get any shorter, but for those few moments at the end of the day, I get to relax and enjoy reading a book -- that I picked out -- with my daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...