Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas

Okay, so I'm not doing very well at getting back to blogging.  What can I say, moving home, a birthday and Christmas have all taken priority -- as it should be, right?  I have been doing some fiddling with the layout (obviously), but maybe now that Christmas is over things will slow down a bit -- not too much though, wouldn't want things to get boring now would we? -- and I'll find some time to tell you what we are up to. 

There have been many activities and goings on this month that have made me think "this would make a good post", but for one reason or another just haven't gotten around to it.  So here, in short form, are a few of our favourites (I may one day get around to writing a whole post about one or another, so stay tuned, I promise to do better!).

We usually make a window full of paper snowflakes, but when the boys saw this (star wars snowflakes), we just had to try it and add it to the more traditional ones adorning our window.  It turned out great, and it is (of course) the favourite.  There are other patterns that we meant to try too, but ... well, you know how this story goes, right?

We have had lots of fun pretending and waiting for Santa ...

We strung popcorn and cranberries for our bird friends and I was surprised at how long this activity held the boys attention considering the slow progress.  They passed the time counting how many times they stuck themselves with the needle!

Laurel got a puppet theatre and puppets for Christmas.  It turned out great and I had so much fun making it that it might end up as a full post some day.

This was out Christmas table.  It looked so nice when the candles in the jars were lit (I really need to learn how to take pictures with no flash!), the good silver and freshly ironed place mats (I never iron anything, so wrinkle-free place mats would have been special in itself!).  These jars were so easy and fun to make (of course, the visit from my good friend Elaine added to the fun!)  that even the boys wanted in on this craft. (Here are the instructions that we used:  (here).

And some post Christmas fun ... hockey.

Christmas at home, what could be better? I'm off to enjoy a little more of it before things return to normal.  Merry Christmas to all!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...