Saturday, September 10, 2011

Cottage Life

We've re-enter civilization for a couple of days, so I thought that I would post a little bit about what we have been doing.  While we were listening to the radio this week (radio we have, internet and TV we do not), we heard the new song by David Myles called "Simple Pleasures".



It stuck me that the words "how'd I get so lucky? ... lucky, lucky me ... I'm a man of simple pleasures ... I've got everything I need"  were very true -- except for the part about being a man ... and it would be nice to be closer to Dada, but other than that, very appropriate.  I get to spend some time in a very beautiful place, with some of my favourite people, at a great time of year.  I'll show you what I mean.  This is what we have been up to lately...

This is the scene I woke up to the other day ...

Although we have a perfectly good beach where we are, we went exploring (thanks, Brenda for the suggestion) at a new beach -- what a great find!



We spent some time observing the local sea life ...

... played in the sand ...

... and collected buckets full of shells!

And the beautiful sunset was waiting for us when we got home.
See, lucky me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...