Sunday, June 12, 2011

This Week #1

Today, I've decided to start something a little different. I have seen a couple of different versions of this, so I decided to add my own version to the blogging world.  So, here is ... well ... I'm not sure what to call it yet.  I'm still searching for some snappy title (hence the boring title for this post, suggestions?), but it will go something like this.  I have compiled a list of questions about what is going on in our life right now.  Each week, I will answer the same set of questions and give a quick report on the week before.  Okay?  So here is Week #1!


Goals for the Week:

Our yard sale is in 2 weeks and I really must get things together.

"Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, 
or believe to be beautiful."   

This quotations by William Morris has inspired me to put our possessions into a new perspective -- and into a yard sale box!  Posters and online advertising should also be done this week.


Recipe that we have tried or want to try:

Doughnuts! -- cause I have time for that!  But think how good they will taste, mmmmmm........  Here is the recipe that I am going to try:  Doughnuts.


Books I am Reading:

This one is almost funny -- like I have time to read.  Maybe a better heading would be:  "books that are sitting around my house that when life settles down (ha!) I will read".  Oh well, here it is anyway.

Animal, Vegetable, Miracle -- A Year of Food Life  by Barbara Kingsolver.


I have actually started this book and am finding it very interesting.  It is about a family's year-long journey of "deliberately eating food produced from the same place where we worked, went to school, loved our neighbors, drank the water, and breathed the air."  It is divided up by month (more or less) and I'm already into April (don't tell anyone that it starts in March!).  There are recipes mixed into the story, along with facts about agriculture and nutrition.  Although, I know that I will never get the boys to eat everything this family does, it does inspire me to make some small changes and maybe one day, we too will be able to make the same proclamation.


Website or Blog discovery:

My 1/2 Dozen Daily -- A fellow Canadian blogger who has some great things to say.  Check her out!


Kid Saying of the Week:

While visiting some friends this week, we were asked to take our shoes off before entering the house.  It was explained to the boys that their dad was from Vietnam where they believed that by leaving their shoes outside, they also left the weight of the day and were, therefore, able to enjoy the peace of their home.  The next day, Owen suddenly announces:  "Wearing boots or shoes in the house makes your house heavy."  I was impressed!  I didn't think that he had even been listening, let only retaining what had been said.  Then he said:  "Well, if a giant came to your house, he would make it heavy too."  How can you argue with that?

Finally, a favourite picture from the week:


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the link up! I'm not so great at titles over, use the same ones over & over again... lol!

    How about Wonderand Rerun, or Wonderland in Review, hmm.. Yup, I'm fresh out of ideas. lol!

    I've always wanted to read that book too.... Let us know how you like it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...