Friday, August 26, 2011

Things That Make Me Happy # 28 -- Friends

Strolling around the Internet one day, I came across a blog post entitled "100 Things That Make Me Happy". What a great idea, I thought as I scanned the list, so Fridays are now dedicated to things that make me happy!


Things That Make Me Happy!
# 28  Friends


You know how some people say that when things get tough, you find out who your real friends are?  Well I say, when things are tough, you find out how many friends you really have.  Sound like the same thing?  It's not, and here's what I mean.

The first statement implies that some of your "friends" will disappear during hard times -- possibly, I guess.  But what I have discovered is just how many people are willing to help when things get tough.  This week, our house was full of anxiety over where we would live while the 4 week job of fixing it was done (haven't heard about our house woes yet, click here to find out more).  Time and time again this week, I was humbled by the number of people who offered us space in their homes, their camper, their support and suggestions.  It was a hard week, to be sure, but I've arrived at the end of it feeling loved thanks to all my friends (and family too!).

Happy Friday!

1 comment:

  1. Friends are much needed & appreciated too! Glad you were offered so much help! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...