Sunday, June 19, 2011

Wonderland Round Up -- Week #2

Okay, the title is a work in progress, but you've got to admit, it's better than "Week 2".

We had a busy week last week, so the blog posts were a little sparse, and the calendar is filling up for this week too (translation:  I'll try to do better this week, but don't hold your breath!)  I thought that things were supposed to slow down as you got closer to summer.  Oh well, here is the round up for this week:


Goals for the Week:

The yard sale is now a week away!  Yikes!  I am not as ready as I need to be.  The goal of the yard sale for me is to purge our house of all unnecessary objects -- a lofty goal, I know.  But our house is not feeling very restful these days (although, that might have something to do with the 4 kids that are running around ... hmmmm) and isn't that the very definition of a "home" -- a peaceful place to which to return at the end of a busy day?  So that is my goal this week -- to purge, and feel peaceful (that'll happen, right?)


Recipe that we have tried or want to try:

The doughnuts didn't get made last week -- it probably has something to do with those 4 kids that have been running around -- but I did try something else this week that was heavenly.  Ice cream cake!


Chocolate cake + chocolate icing + "Udderly Divine" ice cream = chocolate overload! (recipe here)  It was enjoyed by all (Happy Father's Day Dada!), but I think that there was a little too much chocolate -- I can't believe that I just said that!  I think the next time we'll try plain vanilla ice cream, or cherry vanilla!

Books I am Reading:

Alright, truth be told, I not really reading this book, it's more like skimming.  I'd like to read it, but those 4 running kids again -- they just keep popping up everywhere! ...  Anyway, for what it's worth, this book is sitting in my house waiting to be read.

Nourishing Traditions: The Cookbook that Challenges Politically Correct Nutrition and the Diet Dictocrats


Website or Blog discovery:

A Mom With A Lesson Plan:  A former teacher who blogs about educational and fun activities for preschoolers.  She has some great ideas that are easily adaptable for older kids as well.  A great resource.

Kid Saying of the Week:

The boys were watching the last bit of the golf tournament this weekend and discussing the prize for the winner.  We told them that in addition to the trophy, the winner would also get a lot of money.  To which Isaac replied (with great excitement):  "Two dollars!"  Then Aidan added:  "no, five hundred dollars!"  "No, six hundred dollars" contributed Owen! 

Finally, a favourite picture from the week:

Happy Father's Day Dada!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...