Wednesday, June 1, 2011

It's A Book

It's almost time to start the summer reading program at the library, so I thought that I would tell you about a book that we have recently read (again and again and again).  I don't know if you would call this a book review, but here it is --
It's a Book by Lane Smith.



With the sniffles going around our house a couple of weeks ago, I did a quick stop at the library one day to stock up on some new reading material.  Usually I take everybody into the library with me and let them pick out their own books, but that day I just grabbed a bagful of books and headed home. 

It's a Book is about a monkey who is trying to reading a book, but is being interrupted by a donkey (or a jackass as he is referred to in the book) with a laptop.  The donkey has no idea what a book is and has many questions about it, but the answer is always the same ...
"Can it text?
No.
Tweet?
No.
Wi-Fi?
No ... it's a book."

I think that I may have gotten more enjoyment out of this book than the boys -- they liked it, but I thought that it was hilarious! -- it must be a generational thing.

I don't want to ruin the ending for you, but I did have to explain what a jackass was and then make it very clear that it was not a good name to call someone -- to which they replied that it would be alright to call a donkey a jackass because he would not be offended by his own name.  How can you argue with that?

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...