Friday, May 27, 2011

Things That Make Me Happy # 19

Strolling around the Internet one day, I came across a blog post entitled "100 Things That Make Me Happy".  What a great idea, I thought as I scanned the list, so Fridays are now dedicated to things that make me happy!

Things That Make Me Happy!
# 19 Lilacs
 

I love this time of year!  Everything is blooming, the weather is nice, picnic season starts, everybody is working in the garden, or riding bikes, or playing in the dirt, and the trees buzzing with busy bees -- well, actually, that makes me a bit nervous.  I'm in awe of the important work that they do, but I'm an admirer from afar.  One of the trees that they are busy working in is the lilac bush that is in our back yard.  Okay, that might be a teeny, tiny lie.  The tree is actually in our neighbour's yard, but spills generously into ours, and our neighbour is kind enough to let us pick some of the beautiful flowers every year.  I don't often have flowers on the table -- except for the occasional bunch of dandelions that some young gentleman will bring me --, but I love lilacs (and the dandelions too, but right now, the lilacs)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...