Friday, May 20, 2011

Things That Make Me Happy # 18

Strolling around the Internet one day, I came across a blog post entitled "100 Things That Make Me Happy".  What a great idea, I thought as I scanned the list, so Fridays are now dedicated to things that make me happy!

Things That Make Me Happy!
# 18 Home


Oh, don't get me wrong, my home is not perfect. In fact, we have one of those never-ending lists of things that need to be fixed or improved.

But today, after hearing reports all week about the houses that are flooded (or in danger of being flooded) in Manitoba; and whole towns in Alberta that have been destroyed by fire, I am truly thankful for my home. It may be small; there may be a puddle in the basement from all the rain; it may be messy, a little cramped at times and disorganized, ... but I have a home and we are safe ... and that makes me happy.

Thinking of the many families in our country whose homes have been damaged by these events ... happy Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...