Tuesday, July 12, 2011

the cottage

Sun, sand, water ... what could be better?  We have just returned from celebrating family and summer at my family's cottage.  This cottage has been in my family for as long as I can remember and each time I return (which isn't nearly as often as I might wish), I am flooded with happy memories from my childhood.  I now live a little too far away to visit more than a couple of times a summer, but my boys are always excited about visiting this favourite place of mine, and are now making memories of their own.

This year I got to share this place with my husband's family as a sort of family reunion.  With siblings scattered from coast to coast (literally), the chance for all of their clan to gather in one place is rare (and cozy).  The boys loved having older cousins to play with, splashing in the water, building sand castles, fires on the beach ... they loved it all!  And I loved having others make the meals (it pays to marry into a family who loves to cook!).  And with all those "babysitters" around you would think that I would have polished off a whole pile of books, but I didn't even finish one!  Too many other fun things to do, I guess.






Summer has arrived!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...