Sunday, May 8, 2011

Things That Make Me Happy # 16

Strolling around the Internet one day, I came across a blog post entitled "100 Things That Make Me Happy".  What a great idea, I thought as I scanned the list, so Fridays (yes, I know, today is Sunday) are now dedicated to things that make me happy!

Things That Make Me Happy!
# 16 Motherhood

For many, many years, I said that I never wanted to have kids.  Funny, because now I have four of them and am loving every minute of it -- well maybe not every minute, but most of the minutes.  It's true that life is busy, chaotic and sometimes frustrating; I've resigned myself to the fact that the house will never be clean again; and getting anywhere on time requires some serious organization.  But despite all this, motherhood has been the greatest gift I have ever been given.

Of course, I've had a great teacher.  Thanks to my Mom, I know what sacrifice is, what a complex balancing act looks like, and what it feels like to be loved.  I wish that I could say that I recognized all these aspects at the time, but it took having a family of my own to shine a light on the fact that, not only were all these things going on, but she made them all look effortless.  So for all that and so much more ... Thanks Mom!

Happy Mother's Day to all mothers out there ... it's a tough and thankless job, but oh so worth it (well, most days anyway!)

Thank you to the leaders at MOM's group who helped the boys make these treasures for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...